Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 252

bermuda grass - final mowing of season in Atlanta

We live in Atlanta. I cut it down very low just before Thanksgiving. I know you're supposed to do a very low cut at the end of the season at some point - not sure when that date would be in Atlanta.

Then my mower died. The grass appears to have kept growing a bit. There are still very small patches of green, and the tan grass has grown just enough to be falling over a little and getting a little matted in some places. You look out across it and you can see little patches were some places are higher. It's now almost mid-december.

So can I leave it like this until Spring and it remain healthy? Or should I try to final a way to do one more mowing?

denemante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

bermuda grass - final mowing of season in Atlanta

Absolutely you can. It will be fine. Its not mandatory that it be cut low late in the season. I believe reducing the height in the spring hastens green up.

srb1194 is offline   Reply With Quote