Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Before lightning/too much rain storm comes how can I protect my apartment's lawn?

I know too much rain can damage a lawn and I worry that a lawn may catch fire if it isn't protected from lightning and lightning strikes my apartments lawn.

Lightning is an electric bolt of current that has 850,000 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand) Volts of (o' or O') Electricity.
Fira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #2

Before lightning/too much rain storm comes how can I protect my apartment's lawn?

Interesting question.
XSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #3

Glad you brought up this question. With the onset of global warming lightning induced apartment lawn fires are becoming a common problem. I suggest installing lightning rods in the lawn every 5 feet.
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #4

I would aso connect them together with 6 gauge copper wire to disperse the energy.
47_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #5

wow man....you have a problem....but are to be commended for your sincerity and wanting to raise the conscientious of the rest of the DIY community.

First off, you're the BEST tenant in world, you actually care about the building you live in...down to the lawn. If I were your building super...I'd GIVE you a bigger apartment, with a better view...so you could monitor the grass around the clock. Never know it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Go down to the local hardware store, and someplace they have a special monitoring device specifically for lightning strikes on lawns. It's cheap...like $20 or so and does the following:
1. notifies the local authorities of the impending
strike...that's right it pre-senses the strike!
2. takes a picture of strike area, before, during and after the strike.
This provides undeniable proof that the strike was about to happen
did happen and the damage that did happen.
3. After the strike, in most jurisdictions, it's the first person to
call the "Lawn Lighting Strike Early Notification Service" that
gets the reward. It's kinda like the crime watch system...but
only one person is doing it. Call your local county/city hall and they
can fix you right up.

Make sure you get the digital version...the older analog one couldn't interface effectively with the new wireless internet and the x-box 360. The analog version will not work with the Play stations...but does work with the WII...go figure.

Another option for you, I know it worked for me...I got a 98% DECREASE on my home owners policy because my lawn was fully protected. Think about it...if there's 4 people in your building, you'd be getting like a 392% refund from all the renters insurance companies. If there's more in your building...there's more money for you. Amazing isn't it...all because YOU took the initiative to protect your apartments lawn! Call your insurance companies policy writer immediately...if you don't call and you have considered putting this system in, you are personally responsible for the ALL the building tenants.

I really wish you luck...I'd could only be more proud if you were my next door neighbor. God's speed to you...now go on and do the right thing.
RippySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #6

I smell SPAM.
cibula11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cibula11 View Post
I smell SPAM.
One of the little known benefits of lightning induced apartment lawn fires is that you can cook spam on the lawn. Perhaps that is what you are smelling.
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #8

I use this, never had a problem.

Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
I use this, never had a problem.

That's great!
RippySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote