Backyard Patio HELP!!!!! - Landscaping & Lawn Care - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Backyard Patio HELP!!!!!

Heey guys, I have a 9.6ft x 16ft backyard patio and I'm making it right now.
I have already layed down a fiberglass cloth and poured and leveled my gravel on top. Everything is perfect but it had started raining heavily this morning and my gravel is completely flooded. I'm just wondering what I should do after the rain and will my patio flood in the future when my patio blocks are installed?
Maxy
Thank You

Advertisement

MaxyHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,508

Backyard Patio HELP!!!!!

Well, if it is flooded now, and the water level is not going down, what do you think your future holds on it? Does not take a Crystal Ball to tell you what will happen the next time it rains.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 622

Backyard Patio HELP!!!!!

You could pond water with just a base. How much higher will the finished patio be? Will it be above the rest of the area?
Old 06-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Backyard Patio HELP!!!!!

Hey, I just finished putting in my 12 x 16 ft patio today and I also had water pooling in my patio trench while it was dug out earlier this week. I just bailed it out so it would dry faster and I could get on with my job.

My situation might be completely different, but I ended up figuring out that when I dug my patio area, I temporarily put some dirt piles on my drainage swales. I've never seen another house graded like mine, so it took me a while to figure out why this was happening.

Also, I haven't had any rain since I finished my patio, so I'm not 100% sure that my problem is solved. I'll cross my fingers.
NolanG is offline   Reply With Quote