DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Landscaping & Lawn Care (
-   -   anti siphon valve (

analogmusicman 09-26-2013 05:50 PM

anti siphon valve
I'd like to connect an "anti siphon" valve outside the house just before my 3/4 pipe goes to the valves. I'd like this "anti siphon" valve to have a "port" where I can connect my compressor to "blow out" the lines. where can I get such a thing? or is there some other way to get some air in? I want to "blow out" each zone including valve so there is no water in there to freeze.


joecaption 09-26-2013 07:17 PM

Need a picture of your set up.
Just adding on of these in a tee will work.

djlandkpl 09-26-2013 10:17 PM

Search for backflow preventer. Watts makes one.

The easiest way is to add a hose spigot on the line and adapt an air line fitting. That's what my irrigation company does when they blow out my system.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1