Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #1

Share |

all wet

I have a problem with water in my backyard, I have alot of standing water around my garage and it is starting to flow through cracks in the floor. I stopped the water from entering the garage but would like to know the best way to save my yard. Thank you

bigstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:19 PM   #2

all wet

You are going to have to do one of two things. Find the lowest point in the yard and install a catch basin/drain with a line going to the street or other suitable location. The alternative would be to regrade the yard creating the correct slope away from any buildings.

silverado692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #3

all wet

I am looking to buy a house which has areas of the years that retain standing puddles of water 24 hours after heavy rain. I've been told I might need to regrade. It's about .25 acre of land. Is this expensive? Is it something I could do myself. I am not very handy...yet.

Any advice appreciated!
PsychoBueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #4

all wet

I would suggest regrading your yard for pitch away from your garage and foundation, a 1/4 - 1/2 inch per foot pitch should move the water away. if that is not possible, trenching and /or swales will be needed.
Basic_Homeowner is offline   Reply With Quote