Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #1

Share |

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

I bought a used 48" plug aerator for cheap. For whatever reason I can't seem to raise and lower the tines appropriately. No matter if I raise or lower the arm the tines still touch the ground which makes transporting it really awkward. Has anyone experienced this or know what to check for? It doesn't appear that anything is wrong with the unit, but does look like the wheels have been replaced. Not sure at this point.

cibula11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #2

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

Is it like this one?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Agri-Fab-...0#.UlSOSBDVEU5

When you say you are transporting it, are you towing it or moving it by hand? If you have the model in the link, it is hard to move by hand. I bought one myself last month.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #3

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

No model#, no picture, hard to even make a guess.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #4

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlandkpl
Is it like this one? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Agri-Fab-...0#.UlSOSBDVEU5 When you say you are transporting it, are you towing it or moving it by hand? If you have the model in the link, it is hard to move by hand. I bought one myself last month.
Yes it's like that one. By hand or in tow the times roll on the ground. I looked and there is suppose to be 10" wheels and mine has 13". Not sure if that would cause a problem or not.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #5

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

I doubt the wheels would make a difference as they pivot on the axle vs being attached directly. I'm thinking the lifting lever might not be connected properly.

Can you post a pic of the lever connection? If you can't, the Home Depot page has a link to the manual. Use it to double check the assembly.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #6

Agri Fab Plug Aerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlandkpl View Post
I doubt the wheels would make a difference as they pivot on the axle vs being attached directly. I'm thinking the lifting lever might not be connected properly.

Can you post a pic of the lever connection? If you can't, the Home Depot page has a link to the manual. Use it to double check the assembly.
I can ,but not now. I'll check when get home. When the lever is pulled or pushed back the wheels do move, but it seems like it doesn't "lift" the entire assembly quite enough.