Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Landscaping & Lawn Care

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

advice on patio/gutters/sprinklers

I am planning to do my own patio with help from a great friend that does paving and he said he can bring his bob cat over and escavate, put stone down and sand at no cost to me I just need to provide the pavers and obviously do some labor work. I was thinking by having him help me this should be a tremendous help and also savings right? 2 inch 1/4 blend and 1 inch sand was the plan. Patio will be big, with a 4 foot walk way about 25 ft long and a rectangle patio about 28x20.

I have sprinklers that i have to cap and remove i think 2 heads that will be in the way of the patio. is it just ok to dig, cut and cap? That will give it a dead end, will it be hard to winterize the lines during winter? Also my sprinklers "head quarters" is in ground with a green box cover that will also be in the way of my patio. That i don't want and can't move. So how can i go abouts doing the pavers around that? should i construction glue pavers to the top of that cover box? Will the lines that go to this box be affected by the stone being compacted, how deep are the lines normally installed for a hot cold state like nj?

Also, I have 2 down spout that are at the corner of my roof where the back side of my house. I live in a ranch so it's 1200 sq ft house. The left gutter down spout goes to the ground then 90 degree elbow across the back bottom side of my foundation connecting to the right side gutter down spout which then goes into the ground and turns and turns to make it to the curb underground. This pvc that goes across my house. 4 inch about 40 feet long... I want to burry that PVC underground. But instead of doing that. Can i remove the left gutter down spout. Repitch my gutters so the water flows to the right one? This will save me from digging and digging into my front lawn which is perfect.

I hope I explained this correctly. Thanks

fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 PM   #2

ok here are some pics. red is the patio. blue is the pipe underground. red circles are sprinkler heads. 4 foot walkway 24 long. patio would be around 20 x 36 might instead of rectangle do curvy sides.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #3

Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #4

i want the patio to go flush to the house. AC will be in the way but i think it would be too much work to relocated the ac.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #5

no replies? maybe i should post this in building construction section?