Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #1

Share |

Window Pain

I started a project of putting in a hexagonal window. However, when we cut the hole in the sheet rock for the window, a nice discovery was made. Whoever originally wired/rewired the house, bored a hole through one of the studs and ran a wire through the middle of it. And it's right in the way of the window .

Anywho, I'm not sure where to proceed. I could just patch up the hole and forget about it, but that's not really my way. What is the best way to go about this without electrocuting myself? I have attached a picture of the offending wire.
Attached Images

PFollansbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #2

Window Pain

Best way, find both ends of the wire and reroute it around the opening.

This works but is often not acceptable from an estethic viewpoint. Cut the wire on either side of the opening, install junction boxes, then add a wire around the opening. The j-boxes CANNOT be covered with drywall, but could be covered with curtains, pictures, etc.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote