Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to monique6191
Share |

Window Blinds? I see there is no listing..

Hello to all of you Do it yourselfers,

Welcome to my post. I am here to help anyone who would have questions about window coverings and customer service questions. I have over 10 years knowledge and experience in this field. I have worked for the dreaded Home Depot, 3 Day Blinds and also a large online window covering retailer. I decide to go out on my own about 2 years ago, I wanted to provide the service that these large retailers were not providing. I would love to help you cover those windows. Or just answer your questions. I provide Service, Selections and just upfront honesty. So ask away, I am here to help.

Thanks,

Monique619

monique6191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #2

have you seen the new window coverings at Lowes? i'll try to describe them.... the covering is a unit. the blinds are actually incased by glass and the glass has a hard plastic frame. the intire unit is mounted to the window or patio door in the house. you never have to clean the blinds cause they are incased. does this sound familiar? if so, how expensive are these to have installed and have you seen them used in homes...how well do they work?

THEBIGPUNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #3

Did you happen to get the name of the product. I have seen a product just like that made by ODL. They come in either a mini blind or pleated shade. I will do a little research for you, and get back with the info that I find. In the mean time take a look at this link:

http://www.odl.com/blinds/ does this look like the product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGPUNN
have you seen the new window coverings at Lowes? i'll try to describe them.... the covering is a unit. the blinds are actually incased by glass and the glass has a hard plastic frame. the intire unit is mounted to the window or patio door in the house. you never have to clean the blinds cause they are incased. does this sound familiar? if so, how expensive are these to have installed and have you seen them used in homes...how well do they work?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #4
Contractor

Welcome from another blind person. I've been at it for 5 yrs. now and don't even try to compete with the box stores. I'm primarily Hunter-Doug and Graber and both of my fabricators have their own lines. I also do a lot of plantation shutters.
Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #5

Teetorbilt, this consumer is looking for between glass blinds. I have only seen this item manufactured by ODL. I am checking around to see who else manufactures this product. I would like to chat w/ you further about blinds. If you could contact me that would be wonderful..

Monique6191

Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #6

Hi, all,

Just moved into our place. We have a set of 2 hanging Plantation Shutter sliding doors. I want to raise them up using the adjustment in the upper track, and there appears to be threaded rod tied to 2 switches that enables one to do this. I can't figure out what the switches do. Is one a "lock", and the other a ratchet that allows you to raise & level the sliding doors? Is there a site that would explain this?

SixStrRzr is offline   Reply With Quote