Waterproof Plaster Shower Walls - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

waterproof plaster shower walls

I found this description of a remodeled bathroom and bedroom described on the “Trends” Website. This is located at http://trendsideas.com/ViewArticle.a...=4651&region=4. I emailed the magazine and the architect mentioned in the article some time ago for more info but did not receive any response. I am trying to figure out how to emulate the bath and shower in this article.

The bath and shower are described as “Custom fabricated with waterproof plaster, plastered, sealed and given a waxed finish, so they resembled cast concrete.” Can someone can tell me what the products are you think they used (or you would recommend using) for this project as well as the techniques and any other additional information you can supply. A related question I have is how I could do bathroom walls to look the same as the showers without being as completely waterproof as is required in a shower wall installation.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisement

carsokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Not sure, but this link may put you in the right direction eventhough its a UK company... http://www.tadelakt.co.uk/

Advertisement

Jenndry76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Woodworker and Contractor

Rewards Points: 150

True plaster is water proof but finding contractors who know how to use it is hard. I think that you will have to search high and low to get one that would have the skills and guts to pull that off. I'm sure they lined it with something, I would fiberglass everything with a non-gelcoat then stick the plaster to it. Plaster is hard but will scratch and wear. If you want a starting point find historic restoration contractors, the good ones keep plasters around
Kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote