Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #1

Share |

Water build up around outside of house

I do not know if this is the correct section to post this in but I did not really know which would be the best. If this is not correct let me know and I will repost in the correct section...anyways..!

In the back of my house I get excessive water build up near my foundation. Nothing is leaking, it stays dry when it doesn't rain or I do not use the hose at all, but it seems like the slightest bit of water sits there and just sits up against the foundation and it is constantly a muddy mess. When it rains it gets really bad. I am wondering what I can in order to get this water to drain away from the house. Like I said, it is usually a constant water/muddy mess when the slightest bit of water gets back there. I am hoping nothing is leaking down low and I do not know it but from what I can see there is not anything leaking. There is also an excessive, what looks like "mossy" build up where the water sits..like the green all over the foundation. I am wondering how bad this is? What this could really do to my foundation and what I could to do in order to fix this.

Water build up around outside of house-20130515_193211.jpg

[ATTACH]70940[/ATTACH
]
Thanks a lot guys !

Zach
Attached Thumbnails
Water build up around outside of house-20130515_193222.jpg  

mckain87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #2

Stand back and take another picture, no need for those close ups.
Sure looks like your siding is way to low already to raise the grade.
Once you back up and take a better picture so we can see the lay of the land someone may come up with something.

Any place to drain the water to if you installed a french drain, like a drainage ditch?

Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 AM   #3

I agree with Joe. Step way back and get a picture showing the entire yard going up to the house.
r0ckstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #4

Awesome! I just got back from Florida! I will get a picture up within the hour and maybe you guys can tell me what you think!

Zach
mckain87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mckain87 For This Useful Post:
r0ckstarr (05-19-2013)