DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

using vinyl flooring for tub walls?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tcleve4911 
#1 ·
Have doublewide bathroom to repair. Walls out of square, and most tub surround kits have seems or excrusions where faucets are located for 27" x 54" tubs.

1-IF DOABLE???....has anyone ever used vinyl flooring to cover bathtub walls?

2-What type of vinyl did you use ?

3- what type of glue?

4-Can I glue directly to old paneling if cleaned up, or do I need to install green board and glue it to that?

5- How long does it last? thanks

#2 ·
If there is an associated shower in the tub,no. This solution in a tub only environment might last a short time. This would not be on my list of possible solutions.
Ron

#3 ·
using vinyl lanoleum as tub surround

A friend of mine has used linoleum as a tub surround for over 15 years it is cheap and very easy to install. Two years ago they replaced the flooring in the bathroom and decided to change the linoleum around the bathtub, there was no mold, mildew etc. as long as you use the thicker vinyl linoleum and is pliable some of the cheaper linoleum break when you bend it. Every place I look they say don't do this but you can it's easy, cheap and looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.