DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   Unknown wall board...need help! (

bake124 03-30-2009 03:49 PM

Unknown wall board...need help!
1 Attachment(s)
My house is about 40 years old. I removed the old sink/cabinet and installed a new one that is a foot less wide. I now have a 6" inch gap on either side between the cabinet and the wall.

The bathroom walls were covered with some type of plastic/vinyl? wall board that has a faux marble look (which I have painted over). The person who installed the old sink failed to use this wall board where the old sink covered the wall.

I need to know
1) if anyone knows what type of wall board/covering that I am talking about

2) is it still available

3) if not, what can I use to remedy the situation

I will attempt to post a picture. I realize that my explanation has not been particularly well-phrased. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maintenance 6 03-30-2009 04:01 PM

I'm going to guess that it is just hardboard paneling. You can still buy it at Lowes or HD. Since you are painting it anyway, it won't matter what color you get. The only difference after all these years may be the thickness. You might have to shim the new stuff out to match.

bake124 03-30-2009 04:15 PM

Thanks for the quick response. It's only 1/8" thick, so hopefully that won't be a problem. How is that paneling applied?

bake124 03-30-2009 04:19 PM

nevermind. paneling adhesive. duh.

AndrewY 04-02-2009 09:03 AM

you might want to consider plastic wall panels from

just a thought....:whistling2:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1