Tub/shower Surround - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

tub/shower surround

I was looking at solid surface for a surround(5' x 32" tub, surround approx 5' high) and the only one I see so far is Swanstone. What are some of the other options in surrounds? I might go with tile, but was thinking the panels would be easier to clean than grout lines.

Comments appreciated!

Advertisement

7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
BJ

Rewards Points: 75

tub/shower surround

If you seal the grout well it clean just about as easy and tile just looks so much better.

I'm in southern Florida and built a new shower. I sealed it as well as possible, especially the floor and within 2 weeks the floor grout was black and it was down into the grout. The heat had ruined the sealer that was naturally in the garage.

Fun is thinking that your finished with the shower and then have to take that little diamond saw and dig all of the grout out of the floor and first few tiles up and replace it.

One thing that keeps a shower a lot cleaner is using SafeGuard soap. I don't know what is different about it, but it just doesn't leave that nasty soap scum that takes something that near chokes you to death to clean up.

As nasty and tough to get off as soap scum is it has to be an oil of fat or something the put in soap. Whatever it is SafeGuard has very little in it or something different. I keep a bar of Lave in the shower to get the DYI yuck of and a brush. I put a little Lave on the brush and it just wipes what SafeGuard leaves right off.

BJ

Advertisement

BJLower is offline   Reply With Quote