Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #1

Share |

Superior Walls?

A friend asked me to help finish her basement. It has a "Superior" wall. So far it looks like a great system but, I'm not sure how to install nailers in the corners to secure the drywall to. Has anyone worked with this system in the past? Any ideas?
jonk32000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #2

Superior Walls?

I've seen the walls...but not close enough to pay attention to the corner...anyway you could post a picture?

Could you use the drywall corner stop fastened to the ? The ones below are from Simpson.

Name:  174a-2008.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  20.8 KB
Name:  174b-2008.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  25.4 KB

From the Superior Walls site...a manual on finishing the interior walls doesn't offer a lot of detail...if all else fails call the company...1-800-452-9255
Old 12-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #3

Superior Walls?

I have Superior Walls as my foundation and also finished many basements with them. What I usually do is hillty or tap-con a pressure treated plate directly underneith the corner and notch the 2x4s to fit in the opening they give you. You could either toe nail the 2x4s to the sill plate or run a 2x4 on the flat across the sillplate to fasten the 2x4 in.
kevin211mvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #4

Superior Walls?

in your builders guidline book it would show you how the walls r notched to accomadate 2x4 as nailers for the corners

not having all the info you need is the problem .i think if you are going to use superior walls or any type of concrete foundation you need to have a person that is not affiliated with the company doing the install to ensure it is done properly .the most common problems with Superior walls is a improper install or not following proper guidlines.this usuallt falls to the contractor but if he dont know then how will he know it wrong. lot of peeps dont like the sealing process but if done properly it is fail safe .companys trying to save money might scimp on proper applying procedures wich allow leaks .HIRE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY BY NOT KNOWING!!!!
expinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote