Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #1

Share |

squeaky floors!

ok,"squeaky floors" drive me insane! I've got lots of spots around the house where the squeaks are terrible. so,I've decided to fix them. I've read on the web where it's not difficult. I looked at a video with a guy using this gadget and it looks easy. anyone used this and is it as easy as the site claims?
http://www.mysqueakyfloors.com/store...Squeeeeek.html

analogmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Tileguy

squeaky floors!

I've seen those things used and they seemed to work. I've never installed them but know a few guys that have and everyone seemed to be happy about the results.

Hey I was in your town two weeks ago. Did you know that Fort Carson has about seven motels on post? Each and every one as bad as the other? They charge regular street rates for those dumps too. I wonder if I should complain to Obama (our mama)?

Ah but I digress!

Back to the gizmos, I'd say:

Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #3

squeaky floors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Cline View Post
I've seen those things used and they seemed to work. I've never installed them but know a few guys that have and everyone seemed to be happy about the results.

Hey I was in your town two weeks ago. Did you know that Fort Carson has about seven motels on post? Each and every one as bad as the other? They charge regular street rates for those dumps too. I wonder if I should complain to Obama (our mama)?

Ah but I digress!

Back to the gizmos, I'd say:
yeah but they're probably safer than the motels in the "seedier" parts of town where you might get mugged or worse! but then again,some ft. Carson soldiers have been arrested for doing bad things too!
analogmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
Tileguy

squeaky floors!

Quote:
yeah but they're probably safer than the motels in the "seedier" parts of town where you might get mugged or worse!
Ain't that the truth. I try not to stumble into those hoods. Trip before we stayed at La Quinta nearby. It was a nice area but we still drove our car across the parking lot to go to the restaurant.

Quote:
some ft. Carson soldiers have been arrested for doing bad things too!
Some of those guys are just dumber than a tank track. I heard something several weeks ago about a couple Privates pulling off some home invasions or something like that. On post!!! What the hell were they thinking?

I guess if you don't like it there that's one way to get to go home - one day.
Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #5
(Q)
Do-It-Yourselfer

squeaky floors!

Hey! I'm a vet and can attest to there being some dumb young soldiers out there, but they are young and after all of that training think their untouchable... Those were the days Anyway, I've used a kit I got from Ace Hardware that has the 3 little legs and special screws that break off. It worked on about half of the squeaky spots in my hardwood floors, but one of them broke off before it was screwed in enough. Luckily I did it right before I had my floors sanded and refinished so they were able to cut it and fill it and stain it, because that would have been a pain it the butt to fix myself....
(Q) is offline   Reply With Quote