Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

Share |

Shower stall size?

I am remodeling my master bath (only bathroom in the house). The room is rectangular. The dimensions are 103" x 76" plus an additional 18" x34" on the right side against an interior wall. There is a dormer which prevents this from going the whole length of the bathroom.
Along the 103" I would like to put a 30 x 60" drop in tub, knee wall then a 32 x 39" shower stall. Along the other wall a 36" vanity (22" depth) and toilet. 24" door at entrance.
Is this shower big enough for everyday use. Most basins seem to be 36 x 36.
Also, is this overkill. I really only want a shower, but having a couple of little ones, still need the tub.
Hate to get a designer and can't seem to picture the spaciousness of the room. With the set-up I can pass all codes requiring space, just not sure if it is practical.
Thanks,

sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #2

Shower stall size?

You never have all the space you need

i did some research add found that if you are dead set on getting the shower crammed in take a look at going with a custom designed wet room with subway/glass tiles and chop down the tub and go with a walk-in tub .

GOGO GADGET is offline   Reply With Quote