DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   Retiling/Wallboard (

jmfdrjoe 07-25-2006 01:00 PM

I am removing tile backsplash in the kitchen and it is removing the paper on the wallboard. I will be retiling - but I am wondering what I need to do to the wall to repair the torn paper/wallboard. Anyone have any suggestions?

AtlanticWBConst. 07-25-2006 08:01 PM

Use paper tape or drywall mesh tape to go over it. You can sometimes find larger sized rolls of mesh.
If you use paper tape, apply it over the areas, as you would a normal sheetrock seam, and let dry.

Apply a skim coat of compound, sand, let dry, repeat.

Basically, you are replacing the paper surface with the paper tape or mesh and tying it all back together by coating it with the compound.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.