Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Replacing drywall and possibly framing

I have small project that I am going to try, but figured I would ask someone about it before I go and do something stupid that I can't fix.

Here's my situation: I have to replace some drywall and potentially some framing in my basement due to damage from my pets mistaking a nice carpeted corner for where they are supposed to go to the bathroom. Depending on the extent of the damage, some of the framing may have to go (discoloration is pretty extensive, framing is a half-wall but it backs up to the foundation). I guess my question is, as I have minimal framing experience from helping my dad as a kid/teenager, is there anything I need to watch out for? For example, I know there is no electrical work as there are no outlets on that wall. Does the wall being on the foundation affect anything?
SrsBidness28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Exterior Construction

Replacing drywall and possibly framing

No rocket science to it and you will have a much better idea of what requires fixing when you pull the drywall.

Unless one of your pets was Dumbo, I don't think you are going to have any framing issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Windows on Wash is online now   Reply With Quote