DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

RenoWorks / HomeWorks Software !?!

13K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  StevenDavies 
#1 ·
:thumbsup:

Hi! Has anyone used this software?

I am just trying it out now and have to say it is exceptional!

It allows me to basically envision what the interior and exterior of my house would look like using their library of so many manufacturer's products. You can pick from paint colors to siding, windows and doors.... even accessories.

No problems yet- very user friendly... I'm suprised more people don't know about / use this software!

I'd imagine manufacturers, contractors and individuals like myself, even interior designers... would find this very useful!

Anyone else have an experience / tips they'd like to share?

#2 ·
:thumbsup:

Hi! Has anyone used this software?

I am just trying it out now and have to say it is exceptional!

It allows me to basically envision what the interior and exterior of my house would look like using their library of so many manufacturer's products. You can pick from paint colors to siding, windows and doors.... even accessories.

No problems yet- very user friendly... I'm suprised more people don't know about / use this software!

I'd imagine manufacturers, contractors and individuals like myself, even interior designers... would find this very useful!

Anyone else have an experience / tips they'd like to share?
=Renogirl53:thumbsup:
Yes, I've used this software, and it is easy to use; however, some of the products they suggest to use are only available in Eastern Canada, and I live in the west.
Also, it would be nice if they could add to the software the techstone products from Home Hardware,(like Flexrock,Granite, and Flexrock Wall & Cieling textures , it would be nice to see that applied.

#4 ·
I got the Home Works version from the local Home Building Centre, & I can't get past an Error 40 when trying to save a picture.

I've tried the Home Building Centre help online without success, they directed me to a third party questionaire that I couldn't submiit cause it keeps listing an error online.

Can anyone help?

#5 ·
HomeWorks Software - Error 40

Hi,

Had the same problem. Uninstall your software (add/remove). Disable your firewall and your anti-virus protection. Reinstall your software and it should work.

Don't forget to enable your firewall and anti-virus protection.:wink:

Good Luck.

Viv

#6 ·
Error 40 Fix

Error 40 is an error that happens when you save and try to reopen the save project and try to reopen the save project.

Why this happens: There are several reason for this error to occur, usually it may be due to your computer not loading the software fast enough or that a glitch may have occurred when the software was loading.

The best solution to this error is to Uninstall and Reinstall your software.

1)To fully uninstall go to:
-Start Menu --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs --> Homeworks

2)When you are done removing the program, please go back to your Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and see if you have a program that says “HP Memory Disk”.

If NO (Complete Step 3 ONLY)

If YES (Complete Step 3 & Step 4)

3)Install the Program: follow the same steps and instruction as you did before.

4)Go to the following website and download the HP Memories Patch http://www.renoworks.com/homeworks/english/faq_errors.htm

5)Download the HP Memories Patch and save it to your desktop. Once the download is complete, please find the icon and double click to install the patch.

This should fix your problem with Error 40 :)

#7 ·
hi i had got this cd called homeworks remodel renovate redecorate realize and i download it and it is saying now that i need a code but there was no code is my box i tryed to take it back and they wouldn't i payed 24.99 and that was with taxs for it and now i can't even do it so has the code would you mind if i get it so i can use this cd so my money would not be gone up in smoke please if anyone can help me please thanks:(

hi i got the cd that you got but in mind did have the code in the boxs i was wodering do you still have your code and if so do you think i can get it from you i don't know what else to do and the store won't take it back please help me i payed like 30.00 dollors for it so if you can help me it would be great or if you know of a site where i can get it thanks please get back to me on this thanks so much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.