Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #1

Share |

refinish floors or not?

Would you go through the work to refinish this floor or would you cover it with new flooring?

My husband is a carpenter but has not redone floors. Neither have I. We love the look of reclaimed wood, but also need to get some projects done.

The entire main level of our house has carpet. These are the two rooms where we have finally pulled the carpet up. Some of the main level have the old Douglas Fir floors, but not all of it. Walls have been moved and the additions have subfloor in to make it all level. One worry is that if we start to redo some of the floors, it will be tricky to get all the floors the same level. It might be easier to just put flooring over it all. The other worry is the quality of the floors...
Attached Thumbnails
refinish floors or not?-img_9581.jpg   refinish floors or not?-img_9582.jpg   refinish floors or not?-img_9669.jpg   refinish floors or not?-img_9671.jpg  

prairiestudio is offline   Reply With Quote