DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   Please help me identify this trim. (

samjade 12-15-2007 10:57 AM

Please help me identify this trim.
Hi Everyone,

I'm remodeling a bathroom and I'd like to use the same type of casing I have throughout my 1930's Cape Cod. The door/window trim is done in two pieces. I've found plenty of the outer type, but I'm having a hard time identifying the flat piece. The piece is 2 3/4" x 1/2", the piece used on the top is all flat and the pieces used on the sides have a slight bevel to the inside edge. Does anybody know what this is called and if it's likely that I'd be able to find it somewhere in the correct size or would I have to pay to have it milled?

Thanks Much,


Bondo 12-15-2007 11:34 AM


It was probably made on site with a Tablesaw,+ a Router.......

Sammy 12-15-2007 11:50 AM

I agree with Bondo.. Looks like flat stock and a round over bit for the large piece.

Might check a couple of local millworks/lumber yards to see if they stock it but it shouldnt be hard to duplicate with a router table.

skymaster 12-15-2007 12:31 PM

Called; Sanitary casing and back banding

redline 12-15-2007 12:31 PM

Looks like flat stock on the outer most section.
Then you could use 1/4 round for the next section.
Then the window trim is wider flat stock that is closest to the window.

USP45 12-15-2007 02:53 PM

looks to me as if the casing is simple 1x6 clear pine and the outer perimeter is a 1x2 clear with 1/4" quarter round. No need to mill this as you can recreate it very easily. I do have to admit, this is a very nice trim job, just forgot to fill in the nail holes

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1