Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

New windows & siding?

We are having new windows professional installed, after the new windows are installed my plan was to replace the siding and trim. Is there anything I can do to in advance to the window install to insure that my siding install goes well?

Example should I tear off existing siding around window fame to make sure installer sets window correctly? (to the correct depth and doesnt try to install over top of layers of siding or trim)

Just planning ahead, I have never installed windows, and with the company I am getting windows from I am getting install basically for free, plus no interest financing..

Thanks!

Last edited by cbzdel; 07-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.
cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #2

New windows & siding?

Newer house? Older house with wood windows now? Are they pulling the old frames (jambs,sill,and head)? Or just using replacement inserts? Is there a nailing fin or not? Metal windows now? New vinyl ones? Are the exterior walls in need of blown-in insulation? Existing siding type? New type? I'd do the siding with the windows, to get good waterproofing, same time.

Welcome, neighbor. I'm off 6th and North Sprauge.

Be safe, Gary

Old 07-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Home Performance

New windows & siding?

I agree with GBR, ideally having them done at the same time will produce the best results.... and BTW, nothing is "free".