Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #1

Share |

New siding?

I am going to replace the siding on my house in the next week or two but my question is, I do not have a typical modern exterior sheathing, I have approx. 1"x3" T&G.

I was talking to my neighbor about replacing the siding because he is a old retired concstruction worker, and he told me I should pull off all the T&G and replace with with some 1/2" OSB.

That seems like it would be quite the undertaking because I have all new blow in insulation

What are your guys thoughts, my original plan was just pull all the old siding, check for any water damage on T&G (if found, fix as required), install new building wrap and slap on the new siding.

cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #2

New siding?

nothing like slapping some siding up

Tom Struble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Exterior Resources, Inc.

Thumbs up

New siding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzdel View Post
I am going to replace the siding on my house in the next week or two but my question is, I do not have a typical modern exterior sheathing, I have approx. 1"x3" T&G.

I was talking to my neighbor about replacing the siding because he is a old retired concstruction worker, and he told me I should pull off all the T&G and replace with with some 1/2" OSB.

That seems like it would be quite the undertaking because I have all new blow in insulation

What are your guys thoughts, my original plan was just pull all the old siding, check for any water damage on T&G (if found, fix as required), install new building wrap and slap on the new siding.
You have the right idea, what kind of siding are you going to install? A building wrap is an option as would fan fold insulation.
ExteriorRes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #4

New siding?

Here is another question for you all, here is the front of my house..

The light green I am going to replace with Hardy Plank siding. Simple enough.

But as for the dark green.. It sticks out almost 1.5" further than the light green siding. Now I can take this dark green off completly, but it almost seems like a good natural break on the house, what are some options I can use here that would look decent? (As is I think it looks CHEAP) I want it to look better than this.

Any ideas?? I was almost thinking a brick/rock veneer would look good there, but I am not 100% sure..
Something along these lines:

Also we are not stuck on the green we don't know what color we are going to paint it, but once the new siding is done we will paint the whole house, but we do like the white trim..
cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #5

New siding?

I was looking at pictures online and I found this picture of the faux panel rock. Can anyone tell me where to get this exact color of stone?
msweiland is offline   Reply With Quote