DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

New office in the basement

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ron6519 
#1 ·
hello all,
I am looking for a bit of advice on moving my office down to the basement. The previous owner built a room in the basement to be used as an office but didnt finish it before selling. The office is againest the outside wall on the back, is open to the basement on the left and front and makes up on of the wall for the basement garage/work shop on the left. The heat/air run thru the attice so I do not have that in the office until i can purchase a unit strictly for the basement.
my question would be, what all can i do to make the office safe to put some epensive electronics in without having to wory about moisture, hot cold, etc? I can go back and insulate the rooms walls and then do whatever else is needed, but i just want to make sure my computer and files and paperwork will be ok.
thanks

#2 ·
A heat source. Complexity varies with your budget. Simple and safe would be those oil filled radiators you plug in. You can do electric radiant, or hot water radiant with a stand alone ventless hot water heater. Choices are wide and varied.
Ron

#4 ·
You want the electronics in a controlled, ie heated environment. A cold room can lead to condensation on the metal parts. Water is not a friend to these items. The room is heated whether you're in it or not, just like the rest of the house.
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.