Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #1

Share |

Need Help with Transition Between Rooms

My wife and I are remodeling the house we just bought before we move in. We would like to paint our adjoined living room and dining room different colors, but the current construction makes the transition between rooms difficult.

The wall between the rooms has HVAC above it and columns in between, which I believe are structural. We are trying to fix this problem area without spending a lot of time and money. I was thinking of adding trim around the entryway. With a normal sized wall you would frame it out and paint and the trim the same color, however that was is pretty wide and I don't think that would work out well.

We are going to remove the carpet and add hardwood floors in addition to adding crown molding.

Looking for ideas, please help!

vtmike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Drywall contractor

Need Help with Transition Between Rooms

I think going with trim is the easiest solution. Rip some birch plywood for the wide surfaces and use casing around it. Paint to match the trim.