Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #1

Share |

Need to decide on this tomorrow..

Hi Everone.. Need some help.

Current Situation: Tiled bathroom floor and shower walls. Floor tile was taken right up existing vanity and on the side behind the tiolet and has not been grouted yet. I am now thinking of replacing the vanity before I change out my counter top.

Option 1: Keep tile the way it is and have a new vanity built for me to fit exactly into the same spot as the existing one. This way no tile changes need to be made.

Option 2: Tear out vanity tomorrow and ask tile guy to chip out a couple tiles and tile the whole floor with vanity out. Then have a vanity built or purchased from store.

Curious to hear your suggestions.

dolvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:08 AM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

the floor should of never of been tiled with out removing the toilet and vanity,
remove the items and chip the cut tiles out and install the tiles under the vanity. that's the way most professionals would agree to install.

buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #3

Toilet was all removed. Actually everything was removed except vanity. You obviously didn't read the post, so please don't comment on this if you have not read the above. Nobody would ever take out a vanity just to tile it and put the same one back in.... The counter would then not fit etc...

I decided after the change the counter.
dolvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #4

BuletBob's trying to help answer the question that you've asked, and it isn't necessary to discipline him for not getting the situation quite right.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolvio View Post
Toilet was all removed. Actually everything was removed except vanity. You obviously didn't read the post, so please don't comment on this if you have not read the above. Nobody would ever take out a vanity just to tile it and put the same one back in.... The counter would then not fit etc...

I sorry for not understanding your post, but if you worded it a little differently I would of understood it better. knowing people are from different parts of the country speaking slang, or with accents, things will sound different to someone from a different area.
My interpretation of your post was that you had your bath room shower walls tiled and your floor right up to the side of your vanity and behind your toilet, that's telling me you re tiled your floor with those items still in place.
so I apologize for not understanding your wording!
And thanks THEKCTERMITE for your understanding.
And when you say nobody would remove the vanity and tile the floor and put the same one back because it will not fit. why not? what is the governing height of the vanity?? is there a mirror resting on the counter top back splash. it could be done by changing the supply tubes, and extending the drain tub, but there should be play in that some what. BOB.
buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolvio View Post

I always remove everything from the bathroom and tile the entire floor. It gives the homeowner the flexibility to change vanities or pedestal sinks fairly easily.
The other way is short sighted.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote