Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Talking

Moore Vents in attic

I am increasing my attic insulation adding r30 to the r20 that is there. There are no Moore vents so I bought some .

Now do the vents staple to the top part of the rafter down to the top of the insulation? If so ?
should I check each joist and see the insulation is not blocking any air? Must I place one on each rafter?

Or am I doing this like I have never seen a moore vent which is true.

Thank Cal

Last edited by calaban; 05-13-2009 at 03:02 PM.
calaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Moore Vents in attic

The baffles go in every rafter bay. They are stapled to the sheathing and overlap the baffle below it.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Moore Vents in attic

I am putting moore vents in my attic. The house is old and the roof trusses are on 24 inch centers. I alredy bought vents. should I cut them in half or should I use full pieces.
creighton st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Moore Vents in attic

Sorry to say, you bought the least efficient ones (18.7NFVA) if pink foam; http://www.adoproducts.com/duro.html
I hope you also bought the Windblockers required so your insulation doesn't get wind-washed, reducing its effectiveness.
Or for the same price as both those get this from the other box store with 25.3NFVA for more airflow, includes the built-in blocker; http://www.bergerbuildingproducts.co...sAccuvent.html
They both require a 1" air space between ends on cathedral ceilings. NO, do not separate them, that is for 16"o.c. rafter spacing.

If Moore brand, they are sized for different widths, and interlock for cathedrals; http://bpennovations.com/aerix-roof-...on-system.html

Gary