I am currently renovating a small half bath in my bathroom that we never used. Upon removing the shower I found what looks like mold in a line following a crack. Then kind of collecting at one spot the size of a softball. I have attached a picture.
Here is my plan and I am looking at opinions if it is wrong.
1. Scrape off the excess all around the area.
2. Clean with a mild detergent and water
3. After dry clean with bleach and water.
4. Chisel out damaged areas and seal with hydrolic cement
5. Once dry and hardened paint over with Water Seal paint
Did I miss any steps? I am new to this issue and want to make sure I do not miss anything.