Kitchen Marble Countertop Repair - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Kitchen Marble Countertop Repair

Moved into a house a year ago and it has marble counter tops in the kitchen. There were some ring marks and spots on the marble- which is etching. I had a stone countertop repair company come to take a look, and they said it was etching, needs to be polished and sealed for $1000. Decided not to go that route because the stone cost $4000, and I also spilled something that caused an etch as well. I was told, if I did it again, I would have to go through the whole thing again. IF that happens, then I am halfway to a new countertop. So I am looking into polishing and sealing myself. I saw a company online that sells the chemicals, and buffer machine for a few hundred bucks. I have to go back and look to see which company this was. Just wanted to throw this out there, if someone can point me to any companies that are highly recommended that sell the supplies for this type of repair. I am going to start on one piece of countertop that is seperate from the rest- if I ruin it some how, then Ill leave it be, and then rip it all out and just replace it with formica or something else, thats more affordable and serviceable. Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement

Mike1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Kitchen Marble Countertop Repair

Not very likely to be a Do It Yourself project.

Look around for another service company, $1000 sounds a little steep.

Advertisement