DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Remodeling (http://www.diychatroom.com/f15/)
-   -   Installing granite vanity top? (http://www.diychatroom.com/f15/installing-granite-vanity-top-37724/)

macha_me 02-05-2009 11:02 PM

Installing granite vanity top?
 
My existing vanity is exactly 31 3/4" - wall to wall. I am looking at getting one of those pre-fab'd granite countertops with the undermount sink.

These vanities come in standard sizes and the closest i come to is 31". This leave a gap of 3/8" on either side.

My dilemma is - how do camoflouge this gap. I plan to use side-splashes that will cover that 3/8" gap on the top. But the gaps that show when i am facing the vanity is something i need help on.

I am thinking of using a black granite vanity and someone said i can use a piece of wood and stick it in there. I am sure there is a better and more professional workaround.

Please help..

angus242 02-05-2009 11:52 PM

Can I ask how much you are paying for a prefabbed granite top with undermount sink?

Bob Mariani 02-06-2009 08:10 AM

You could just leave the gap it would not look that bad. Prefab tops could be found for about $250

cooper4x4 02-06-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angus242 (Post 225919)
Can I ask how much you are paying for a prefabbed granite top with undermount sink?

I just paid a little over $200 for my prefab granite top with undermount sink from Floor & Decor. Same size as the OP. $199 plus tax

damstenger 02-06-2009 02:44 PM

I just paid $100.00 for a 5' granite countertop without sinks. My husband & I did the sink install. we purchased this at a granite store that makes them out of leftover granite. the BEST price!!!

angus242 02-06-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damstenger (Post 226171)
I just paid $100.00 for a 5' granite countertop without sinks. My husband & I did the sink install. we purchased this at a granite store that makes them out of leftover granite. the BEST price!!!

This was going to be my point. You can most likely find a remnant for about the same price. However, you can have it cut to your exact dimensions.
Leaving the gap with the prefabbed top would look cheesy.

Bob Mariani 02-06-2009 04:29 PM

This is a DIY site, I suspect 80% of the work may look cheesy:yes: But you are talking about a slab, I thought the poster would be dealing with a sink and top. A granite sink. Even with a gap, it would look better than a non integrated sink

Ron6519 02-06-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mariani (Post 226216)
This is a DIY site, I suspect 80% of the work may look cheesy:yes: But you are talking about a slab, I thought the poster would be dealing with a sink and top. A granite sink. Even with a gap, it would look better than a non integrated sink

Bob, where's the love? 80% cheesy? Ouch!

Ron

angus242 02-07-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron6519 (Post 226456)
Bob, where's the love? 80% cheesy? Ouch!

Ron

Right! If Macha didn't care about being cheesy, they never would have posted the question in the first place.

That's pretty rude. :whistling2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.