DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Increase counter height on bath remodel

10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  links 
#1 ·
I'm midstream in a bath remodel and about to tackle the vanity/counter. I'm tall, married a tall guy, and we're raising giants. Can I just add extra layers of plywood when I rebuild the counter until I get the height I want? I haven't seen this question specifically addressed anywhere. Other info is: I'm going to re-tile the counter, using a tile-in sink, and no, resale isn't an issue. thanks

#3 ·
As Redline says, no real problem with adding ply, you'll have a wider edge to cover, but perhaps you're going to tile that anyway? Another minor detail might be that the tailpiece may no longer reach to the p-trap, but a trip to the plumbing dept. should fix that. It can be tricky to mount the taps when everything is so thick, you may have to cut large enough holes in the lower plies so that you can get the various nuts onto the faucets. (Large enough to get a wrench on them) Good luck.

#5 ·
Another minor detail might be that the tailpiece may no longer reach to the p-trap, but a trip to the plumbing dept. should fix that. Well i am in the middle of bathroom remodeling too. And I am desperatly looking for more informationr regarding this topic, so If you could post some website that help a lot....please don't post this website remodel-bathrooms.com as I already know about it. thanks in advance

kathy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.