Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #1

Share |

Ikea Cabinets vs Shenandoah

As I type, my husband is knocking out the 1941 kitchen cabinets in our "new to us" home.

In the next 5 years or so, we anticipate nearly leveling the home and starting fresh, however, we need a kitchen to live in between now and then.

We plan to install the cabinets ourselves and have found Shenadoah and Ikea to be the most affordable. It is a 12x12 kitchen and I have been told we may need 24 linear feet of cabinets. Staying under $5000 would be great...husband to do installation.

I read some pretty negative things about Shenandoah on here...but we were leaning toward that over Ikea. What do you think? Any other brands we should have considered.

Thanks

Bird Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
Nia

Ikea Cabinets vs Shenandoah

I'm not familiar with Shenandoah but I've used Ikea cabinets for 4yrs. They're great looking, durable, affordable and my clients rave about them. The only down side to Ikea is getting everything you need when to fill your cabinet order. We have to make at least 3 trips to get the complete order for one kitchen. So imagine doing 3 kitchens at once. But for the price and durability, you can't beat em, which is the main reason we deal with the disorganization of the co.

Nia

Nia is offline   Reply With Quote