Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #1

Share |

How to float tile over hot mop water proofing?

I recently had the base of my shower waterproofed the hot mop method. I did not realize that floating tile over the asphalt would be a bit challenging.
A contractor told me to just put the deck sand in there. But the product manufacturer mentioned I might want to put lath in to strengthen the bed. What do you guys think?
Also I am planning to use thinset to get the lathe to stick to the shower side of the shower curb. Thinset will stick to asphalt, right?

darsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #2

How to float tile over hot mop water proofing?

nope, it won't - nothing will stick to asphalt in this instance,,, having screw'd down expand'd wire mesh would've been a good idea but too late now,,, IF it were mine, i'd rip it out & d-i-o ( do it over ) the right way,,, curious why you felt it necessary to have it hot-mopped - is this outside ? try redguard

if you hear it from a guy in the apron store, be VERY suspicious the mtl/method will work,,, when it time to build something together, they won't answer phones NOR help
itsreallyconc is offline   Reply With Quote