Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #1

Share |

How do I improve 2nd floor air flow?

Problem: Our second floor is an "A" frame without an attic. We have one air return vent over our loft which connects to our large bedroom/bath and a large room over the garage. There are doors between the 3 large areas. Our bedroom in the middle gets no air flow and is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. There is one vent in each room; Our garage and room over it is partially insulated but much hotter in summer and vice versa in the fall so we use it as storage for now. Our furnace is in the basement for upflow. We have ceiling fans in each room and currently using an air conditioner for our bedroom keeping the door closed temporarily.

Question: Should I add air return vents into each room? Add another vent to blow air in to each room as well? Or add a second furnace to the second floor? Can I add more insulation in the wall under the roof?

If it were up to me, I'd just buy another house with an attic, but that's not an option..lol.

traumer17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air ducts, cooling, insulation, ventilation