Help Installing Balusters On A Carpeted Stairwell - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help installing balusters on a carpeted stairwell

This is my first time posting here so I hope I have chosen the right forum and apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong one.

My girlfriend wishes has a carpeted stairwell from the main floor to her basement. The stairwell is carpeted without any handrails. The stairwell is open to the basement below as you decend the steps and she wishes to put handrails/balusters on the stairs. I have done this before, but on a new construction, not on a stairwell that was already carpeted and I am unsure how to proceed. I cannot determine how I am to install the balusters with the carpet in place.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if any other information is needed. Thank you in advance for any help.

Advertisement

kbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Help installing balusters on a carpeted stairwell

Cut holes to snugly fit where the balusters will land. A sharp utility knife works well. Or, peel back the carpet, do the balusters the cut carpet as needed and reinstall. A lot of extra work either way.

Advertisement

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote