DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Garage Door Insulation Kit

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  diyDude_2 
#1 ·
Garage Door Insulation Kit

Does anyone know how much money can be saved installing a garage door insulation kits? My garage door is currently not insulated - I'm just not sure of the actual potential cost savings. These are relatively inexpensive (http://www.doorinsulationkit.com) - Especially compared to replacing the whole door. Any challenges installing these? Thanks!

#2 ·
Well that depends on a few things.

1) Is this an attached garage?
1b) If attached, are the inside walls / ceiling insulated from the rest of the house?
2) Do you heat the garage?
3) What type of garage door do you have? Mine is older and has been fitted with rigid foam / wall panelling to hold it in by the previous owner.

#3 ·
See my answers below:

1) Is this an attached garage? --- Yes
1b) If attached, are the inside walls / ceiling insulated from the rest of the house? --- I'm assuming that the wall facing the garage is insulated, but I'm not 100% sure.
2) Do you heat the garage? --- No, I do not heat the garage
3) What type of garage door do you have? Mine is older and has been fitted with rigid foam / wall panelling to hold it in by the previous owner. --- I believe it is aluminum (it is metal of some sort). Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.