DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   Flush Mount Volume Knob to Vinyl Siding (

fatdan777 07-22-2008 08:16 PM

Flush Mount Volume Knob to Vinyl Siding
1 Attachment(s)
I'm in the process of installing some outdoor speakers for the deck. Additionally, I'm going to install an outdoor volume knob for the speakers.

What I would like to do is mount the knob similar to the way my outdoor receptacle is mounted (See Enclosed Photo).

I'm looking for the white box that's surrounding the receptacle. My plan is to use a similar box and put the knob in the middle of it.

My question is, what is the white box in the picture and where can I get one? Is this some component of vinyl siding? I've looked in the big box stores but no luck.

Thanks for any clues.

buletbob 07-22-2008 08:48 PM

Try this link there should be something similar but designed better. Good luck BOB

fatdan777 07-23-2008 08:14 AM

Thanks Bob, I'll check it out.

buletbob 07-23-2008 09:06 AM


DangerMouse 07-24-2008 12:04 PM

looks like j channel
that photo looks to be of J channel cut in four pieces then putty? plaster? in the middle is all. though there are premade like Bob said that work better and will not leak behind as that J channel could. good luck!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.