DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   Faceplate for Ice Line and Gas Line (

jmai14 11-08-2011 09:05 AM

Faceplate for Ice Line and Gas Line
I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen. My question is about a) the water line to the refrigerator, b) the gas line to the stove, and c) the gas shut off valve ... is there is some kind of faceplate for those items? I'd rather it look more professional than just a hole in the drywall.

Myst420 11-08-2011 09:25 AM

I'm definitely not a pro here by any stretch....but maybe you could use a cable pass-through wall plate (unless of course someone knows of something better)

oh'mike 11-08-2011 09:34 AM

Ware line boxes with cover plates are available---Look where the washing machine boxes are sold.

As to the gas for the stove---I don't know of any--I usually just get the gas pipe inside the wall between the studs and drywall that 'niche'

acerunner 11-11-2011 07:01 PM

use a ice maker box like one of these:

i dont think there is anything for the gas line.

jmai14 11-12-2011 08:47 AM

Awesome acerunner. That's exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

Anyone else know of a similar product for the gas line or gas shut off valve? At a minimum, I'm planning on a low voltage 1-gang box (link below) so that the hole has clean edges as opposed to just a hole in drywall. But I'd prefer a better product if anyone knows of one.

GottaFixIt 11-12-2011 10:42 AM

I believe what you're looking for is an escutcheon, pipe flange, or floor flange trim plate:

Here's one for 3/4" Iron Pipe. They come in many sizes and styles.

jmai14 11-13-2011 09:52 AM

GottaFixIt, that's great. Another product I'm looking for. Thanks.

Anybody have any ideas for the gas shut off valve?

GottaFixIt 11-14-2011 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by jmai14 (Post 770128)
Anybody have any ideas for the gas shut off valve?

What's it look like?

jmai14 11-16-2011 07:53 PM

This is what it looks like.

GottaFixIt 11-17-2011 03:13 PM


Originally Posted by jmai14 (Post 772938)

Your pic didn't come through.

jmai14 11-17-2011 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, let's try this again.[IMG]file:///Users/JimMai/Downloads/photo.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/JimMai/Downloads/photo.JPG[/IMG]

GottaFixIt 11-17-2011 03:51 PM

That's a tough one.
I think I'd just cut a hole just big enough to operate the valve and use a vinyl J-Trim around the edges.
If you wanted to get really picky, you could build a small box out of scrap wood as a backing and paint it white. I personally wouldn't go that far.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1