Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

Share |

Which direction to lay 12x24 tile?

I have attached pictures of my remodel so far. The 72" vanity will be on the left with a toilet at the end. To the right is a huge 4x6 foot shower with heads on either side, a bench in the middle and 2 shampoo/soap dish inserts that will be 12x12" when the granite sits in. Lastly, there is a linen closet in the corner.
The floor of the shower is a 2x2 tile, so that isn't an issue. I am torn on the rest though. I initially wanted to do them long way up on the walls of the shower to make the shower look taller.. and if I do them that way which direction do I do the floor tiles? When guests peak in to see our new bathroom it would look nice if they went long way to match the far wall (meaning the exterior wall) of the shower. But at the same time part of me would like the tiles to match the back side of the shower so they flow from my view on the throne What should I do???
Thanks!
Oh, I almost for got about the pic of the tiles in the other bathroom.. Side question: should there not be a gap for grout between the door threshold and the first row of tiles?
Attached Images

Prangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Willing to listen

Lay the floor tile on a 90 degree angle so you don't have to worry about "matching" anything else?

Done That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
DIY-er

I've only ever seen that kind of tile be set horizontally, rather than vertically. Here's a picture on my website, scroll to the bottom http://www.home-additions-startup-gu...beautiful.html

You can also go to flickr or istockphoto.com and enter "bathroom" in the search engine to see more photos. Hope this helps...
KevinPh is offline   Reply With Quote