Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Share |
Default

Dining room into a bar room


I am curious on other peoples thoughts. I have a dining room that NEVER gets used. My wife and myself decided to convert it into something else. We are currently thinking of a bar room. I am worried that will affect the house value if we ever go to sell the house. Just curious about others thoughts and opinions.

Jayson1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Default

Dining room into a bar room


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson1279 View Post
I am curious on other peoples thoughts. I have a dining room that NEVER gets used. My wife and myself decided to convert it into something else. We are currently thinking of a bar room. I am worried that will affect the house value if we ever go to sell the house. Just curious about others thoughts and opinions.
Any reason you can't convert it back when you sell?

__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Dining room into a bar room


Yea I am sure we can. I will have to build the bar where I can either move it or dismantle it. This being my first woodworking project I was definately going to make it as easy as possible.
Jayson1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Default

Dining room into a bar room


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson1279 View Post
Yea I am sure we can. I will have to build the bar where I can either move it or dismantle it. This being my first woodworking project I was definately going to make it as easy as possible.
If you build it modular, you can disassemble it and take it with you.
__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Dining room into a bar room


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519
If you build it modular, you can disassemble it and take it with you.
Yeah ive built a bar in the basement of my rental and made it so it can all be move out the back door
Jokergoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
uneven heat: testing ceiling radiant heat /finding cables/fix cables martinradiant Electrical 1 10-03-2010 08:22 PM
new basement room circuit BlueBSH Electrical 9 09-03-2010 08:44 AM
Dining room box panels steel1 Carpentry 12 01-25-2009 03:50 PM
Questions for experts. Tech08 HVAC 9 01-25-2009 12:47 PM
"pass-through" from kitchen to dining room? scoobz Building & Construction 10 12-25-2007 08:05 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.