Catalogs Or Sites For Kitchen Cabinets? - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Catalogs or Sites for Kitchen Cabinets?

I'm ripping out my lovely particle board circa-sixties cabinets and want to upgrade. For some reason I'm really not fond of the cabinets I've seen at Home Depot and Lowes.

I'm not a millionaire but I would like to buy a nicer grade of cabinet, with good plywood and a contemporary (not so much neocolonial) design. I've heard that catalogs (online or offline) can be the way to go. Can someone suggest some specific sites or companies?

Advertisement

blakekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

I've done 3 kitchens now with Ikea and am quite impressed with their products. Two was of the cheaper material, but one was with solid wood doors and fronts (but the cabinet frames are still particle board)... All three had Solid Surface from a third party company (I don't know why, but Ikea solid surfaces are more expensive)...

I especially liked the upper cabinet installation mechanisms... it rides on a metal rail that is attached to the studs, so you don't have to look for studs on each of the upper cabinets, it hangs on the rail...

Advertisement

slakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Unless you live in the boondocks, there are plenty of kitchen cabinet places to look at cabinets. You can easily do an internet search for these to get catalogs from these manufacturers. Once you find a style you like, they can direct you to a local dealer.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #4
Steve

Rewards Points: 25

You can go to www.kcma.org This is the kitchen cabinet manufacturer's association. It lets you do a search for the type of cabinet you are looking for. The site will hook you up with manufacturers, and the manufacturers can link you to local dealers in your area.
STEPHENWANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 150

I went with Ikea also. Easy installation, looks great, durable and a great price.
billinak is offline   Reply With Quote