Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #1

Share |

bypass doors

I want to have bypass doors in front of 2 closets that are side by side and had bifold doors in them. I took the doors off and hung curtains because this is my quilt studio and I need access to my fabric. I have the idea that I can hang bypass doors from the ceiling to cover the entire wall. I don't need heavy doors because I want to use the doors as my design wall. when closed. What is the easiest, cheapest way to do this?
sharonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #2

bypass doors

The problem would be hanging them from the ceiling. This would be possible (easiest) only if the ceiling joists were running the proper direction or in the ideal spot to hang a track from. Building a frame out of 2x2's and covering them with fabric would probably be the cheapest. Building the doors out of plywood would probably would be the easiest. If you choose to go the plywood route, heavy duty hardware would be the way to go.