Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Bathroom Mess

Recently found out that my kids bathroom which is located on the second floor of our house had a funny smell. When I looked closer and pulled the laminate found out that the flooring was very wet. It must have been wet for sometime because the flooring is somewhat soft. I need to replace the flooring. My question is do I need to take the bathtub out to make sure that there is not any wet spots under the tub. Do you think I should replace all the flooring inside the bathroom?

skevo2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Bathroom Mess

In our upstairs bathroom we had the wax ring on the toilet fail. It only affected about three square feet around the throne and I was able to just replace the subfloor in that area (re-using the existing ceramic tile) without affecting the shower. The first step is to determine where the water is coming from and the extent of the damage.

Where is the wet area? Along the tub or elsewhere?

I think some exploratory surgery is in your immediate future. This is what makes bathroom renovations fun. They are chock full of Don't-Know-Until-You-Get-There problems.

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote