Basement Bar - Framing Question - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basement Bar - Framing Question

I'm about to start framing a bar in the basement. The configuration is an 'L' shape. Attached to the back wall on left side (when standing in front of bar). Framing will be either 2x6 or 2x8. The side of the 'L' will hold a sink.

My question is this: how/what do i have to do to accomodate cabinets and or a mini-fridge underneath the bar. I had read to build a pony wall. Im not catching on here any info would be great.

Thanks.

Advertisement

fax6202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 746

Basement Bar - Framing Question

The cabinets could be the main structure of the bar that the counter top would sit on, just like a kitchen. You could also build a wall that will go behind the cabinets. Either the same height or about 6 inches taller. There are other ways to build it that involve framing out the main structure and leaving room to slide cabinets or a fridge in, but that's more work. I'm not an expert on this, but you should figure out what method you want to use. I suggest searching the internet and seeing what other people have done and then asking how to do that specific method. There was a guy on here who posted a beautiful custom bar in the showcase forum. Maybe you can find that.

Advertisement

mikegp is offline   Reply With Quote