DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Remodeling (
-   -   basement (

duxm 05-21-2006 07:17 PM

I have a hundred year old house and the basement has walls that are made of round rocks and some sort of mortar. Well the mortar is pretty much gone and sand is creeping though the gaps in the rock wall. I was wondering what procedure I should use to repair the wall.

KenTheHandyMan 05-27-2006 07:22 AM

Might try hydraulic cement. The big box stores have a dube like thing similar to what cake decorators use for icing cakes. Or just mash the stuff in the cracks with a stick or something.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1