Ballpark Figures For Siding/soffit/window Trim - Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ballpark figures for siding/soffit/window trim

I have a 2 story colonial with 34 year old aluminum siding. We are in the process of getting estimates for vinyl siding. We are looking at certainteed monogram 46 siding. Pro's/con's??? The Contractor we are looking to go with was just going to install tyvek wrap under the vinyl siding? Should I ask for the blue/pink r1? insulation? Is this overkill? What is the price diff? We need 27 sq of siding. Is 15K in the ballpark? High or Low?
Please comment on any or all questions.

Advertisement

Baston8005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 520

i can't answer your question.. but i have a comparable house that needed siding.

can say i just orderd board and batten (vertical wood siding) including several hundred feet of wood trim, all pre-painted, guaranteed for 15 years (and 50 yrs against rot), 100lbs of stainless steel colour matched nails shipped to my door with taxes in, for $11K. installation not included.

so i think your estimate is high... especially since it is plastic (albeit maintenance free for 25yrs)

Knucklez

Advertisement

Knucklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

I'm assuming the 15k estimate included labor? If that's the case it sounds like a pretty good estimate to me. I did mine myself, paid $65/square for panels, trim/accessories worked out to probably $15/square, Tyvek is a whopping $100/ 50' roll. Haven't gotten soffit/fascia done yet, but I'm figuring that to almost match the cost of siding material. Plus if the house has a complex roof, i.e. dormers, gables, etc., this adds a ton of labor.
dhag is offline   Reply With Quote