Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #1

Share |

Architectural Columns

Hey I am new to this so here it goes. I am planning to remodel my house with exterior tapered-fluted columns. I am planning to use buy from the internet because I have been told there is a better varity. Right now have found a site that has a great selection http://www.pacificcolumns.com/columns.php.
Please give me tips if there are any other sites with more quality thanks.
diy_amateur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
remodeling pro

Architectural Columns

The idea that there is a "better variety" available over the internet is a concept that does not make sense to me. While I agree that it is easier to browse the websites to easily see what is manufactured , as compared to driving to many lumber yards or mill suppliers, whatever you see for sale on the internet is available through local or regional sources. For me, the internet purchase quickly sours if there is a problem with the product (shipping damage or manufacturing defect) or you need support at the job site. And I also don't see the "great price advantage" that is often touted.
Don't forget to add shipping costs into the mix when you compare prices to local suppliers; they can be pretty substantial on larger items.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote