Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Question

addition

As a first time homebuyer I don't really know a lot about homes.But I do want to do some remodeling have a friend that will help me my first project after adding the ridge venting would be to add a bathroom to the bedroom where the previous owner start ed the rough in which I think is just the drain pipe for a toliet so what will it cost to finish for a double vanity and shower

thawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
the Musigician

addition

"How much will it cost?" Asking for price estimates here.

DM

Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Coconut Pete's paella!

addition

It'll cost the same as a "brand new car".
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

addition

Yes how much more would it cost to put in the plumbing for the shower and vanity and what steps need to be taken to do it
Old 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

addition

So it that expensive with the rough in there already
Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Coconut Pete's paella!

addition

You obviously didn't read what we already posted so I'll just stop here.
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoconutPete For This Useful Post:
DangerMouse (09-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
DIY-er

addition

There are several ways to figure out the cost, but it depends if you will DIY, do some of the work yourself and hire a plumber, or hire a contractor to do it.

If you are hiring a contractor, ask at least 5 contractors to come and give you a quote. Check their references and find out if they are insured, as it will make a difference on the price they give. You may have to make a decision between the more costly, experienced contractor with a great reputation or the young startup company with little experience.

If you will do some of the work yourself, first hire a plumber to come and have a look at the existing pipework and give an opinion on what needs to be done. You can do the same process - ask 5 plumbers to come to your home to give an estimate, then pick the one that you feel will do quality work and has the best price. Next you need to determine the cost of the rest of the project. The best way to do this is to do a spreadsheet that lists all of the parts you will need (double vanity, towel rack, floor tile, paint, etc.). Then go to a building supply store or look online to get a price for each one and put it into the spreadsheet - and this will give you the price. Don't forget to add on the price for the plumber to give you a total cost for the project.

If you decide to do the whole thing yourself, you will start with the cost spreadsheet as I mentioned above. I have a whole discussion on how to determine the cost of any home construction project on my website.

Hope this helps ...

Kevin
www.home-additions-startup-guide.com
KevinPh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #8

addition

Thanks Kevin for your input as I said before I have a friend that going to help with the install that has carpentry experience but don't have plumbing experience so after the piping is is done we will do the rest of the project again thanks for your answer I would to chat more with you to get more insight on things