DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   Wood Panel Under Door Sidelite (

rmisty 08-24-2010 09:12 PM

Can any one tell me if the wood square panel like pieces under the 1/2 sidlites of an entry door can be repaired or replaced. The 1/2 window parts of the sidelites are fine and completely sealed, but the wood panels (squares) underneath the windows area are showing signs of deteriation (ei. spliting &t hining). One home improvement store clerk informed me that I may have to replace the entire door frame unit if it's a whole manufacture unit, however the door frame still seems to be still very sturdy. Again, just wanted to know if it is possible to repair or replace these wood panels within the entry door sidelites?

Thanks for your help,

3 threads on the same issue merged

Willie T 08-25-2010 11:54 AM

Without seeing it, it's hard to say. But it is most likely that you will be able to simply remove the old panels and their stops, then replace with new.

If they are inset into the jambs, you can still add stops and have it look just fine.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.